Thursday, December 19, 2013

Weaning

My baby has almost completed the weaning process.

No, not this baby. He's still breastfeeding 'round the clock (and, at only 10 months old, I imagine he'll be boobing for a long time yet).

It's my almost 4 year old who is just about finished with the boobies.

Yes, I've still been tandem feeding both Baby Bear and Beanie. Beanie increased his feeds for a little while after Baby Bear was born but then we eased back down to 1 a day (the bedtime feed). I thought he might forget how to latch on correctly when Baby and I were in Melbourne for so long but he had no such problem.

In the last couple of weeks Beanie has been keeping his bedtime feed very short and often lets go as soon as my milk lets down. I think it's just the comfort of the familiar routine now. We've discussed it and he's happy to finish breastfeeding soon, by the time he's 4 we've agreed. From now on we're going to see how he goes with just some extra cuddle time to replace the bedtime boobies.

No comments :

Post a Comment

"Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid."